Aquamagis Plettenberg with Looping slide

• This must be the ONLY looping slide that does not have a STARTING TRAP-BOX.I assume the reason for this is to save on having an operator to release the starting trap,or is it to save on the additional cost of a starting trap-box! On the subject of having an operator,there are AUTOMATIC SELF RELEASE STARTING TRAP BOXES,in existance elsewhere where the flumer enters the trap-box,assumes position for descent,then when ready pushes the Start Button and after a 5 second delay timer the trap opens and the flumer falls down into the flume! This method is used on the "X TREME" at the Tiki and works well!

• Zitat

This must be the ONLY looping slide that does not have a STARTING TRAP-BOX.

There is one more, namely at Lido Locarno in Switzerland. The model and the layout are identical, except for the colour (blue instead of yellow). And instead of an opaque slide (no daylight comes through), it is a translucent slide which is illuminated through daylight.

The automatic trap door at Duinrell is still unique up to today, but I had contact with the German manufacturer Wiegand-Maelzer which pointed out that Superloop Slides like at Nettebad Osnabrück maybe are supplied with this automatic system in the future, as well. This saves personnel costs but it bears in my eyes a danger because nobody can control if you take the correct sliding position. In case of an accident, you would be fully responsible.
    I don't know whether the German TüV would accept this, the TüV is really nitpicking concerning such issues.