Looping slides

• The first Looping waterslide in the world was the infamous CANNONBALL LOOP at ACTION PARK NEW JERSEY USA circa 1985.Who has not heard of this? Compared to todays creations this is a crude and primitive and is nothing more than a normal waterslide with a VERTICAL LOOP at the end! Whether it worked is a matter of contreversy to this day!It was not until 2 decades later that the first modern looping waterslide appeared.

• The word "loop" related to waterslides is wide interpreted. As fact, you could say it's like a normal helix. Probably, you slide a bit faster in this element and the g-forces are higher than in a normal helix - that's the difference in my point of view. Sometimes, the vertex of the helix is on the top, may I think on safe waterslides you'll never slide overhead like in a rollercoaster.

Favs:

Bad
    Hanse Dom @ Stralsund

Rutschen
    1 Wildwasserbach @ Hanse Dom Stralsund
    2 Riesenrutsche @ Badebucht Wedel
    3 Turborutsche @ Billstedt
    4 Green Mamba @ Ostsee Therme Scharbeutz
    5 Turborutsche @ Subtropisches Badeparadies W. S.

max avs: 25,35 km/h @ Röhrenrutsche Badebucht Wedel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Yames ()

• But I read in the WWW and heard it from Julian Tschech, the webmaster from TubeRides.de, that the flumemaker Van Egdom quests for an VERTICAL LOOP SLIDE!
    So maybe, in a few Years, you can slide overhead like in a rollercoaster.
    Such a slide will be not allowed in germany because of the high g-forces in the loop, (The maximum in germany is only 2.6 g in waterslides) so Van Egdom will build this slide only in NL.
    And Aquarena? Are the researching for an TRIPLE inclined LOOP SLIDE?

Favoriten:
    1. Stukas @ Caneva
    2. L2 @ Wörgl
    3. Freefalls @ Aqualand Costa Adeje
    4. Screamer @ Splashdown Poole
    5. Kinnaree @ Siam Park
    Rutschen-Count: 211

I'm a waterslide junkie! See I like to slide the slide, see I like to loop the Aqualoop ;)