Automatic self release rocket launch

• Another type of Rocket launch/Starting trap is the Automatic self release system which has no operator,and in this system the flumer enters the trap-box,assumes position for descent,and when ready pushes the Start Button and after a 5 second delay timer,the trap opens, and the flumer falls into the flume!This is used on the "XTREME" at the Tiki,and i think it is a good idea that goes down well with flumers! This system could be used on other flumes also! What do you think? Do you like the idea of the DIY ROCKET LAUNCH?

• I realy like the idea of the DIY rocket launch, so no operator is necessary and the slide can operate "itself". Maybe security reasons are the case to not implement such function on many slides with rocket launch, because not everyone is familar with the diy mechanism or the self control of persons with age < 13 years is not given there. there is a potential risk for kids or persons with to much / low weight I think.
    What do you think about security reasons on that?

• I also think that a trapdoor operated by a lifeguard might be somewhat "safer" than a DIY rocket launch as nobody can control your slide position or if you take loose objects (like jewelry or cameras :D ) with you.

On the other hand, normal speedslides with a high age limit also bear a risk if not used properly, and those slides are nearly never supervised by an operator who controls age and position. Additionally, you could use video surveillance at the top of the slide with a direct connection to the lifeguard's booth, and if you do something wrong, the lifeguard can stop the process immediately without being present at the slide start.

But as I already mentioned in the other thread, I suppose that the German TüV would be upset about such a regulation.

Rocket slides which are additionally equipped with a looping MUST be supervised permanently because if you get stuck at the deepest point, someone has to rescue you which can be guaranteed only if the slide is under permanent control. Look at the thousands of buttons the lifeguard at the AquaLoop in Cologne has at his control panel. It would be reckless to let someone slide on his own.
    Concerning slides without a looping (X-Stream at Tikibad, Sloop at Nettebad Osnabrück), I could imagine that a DIY operation could be possible.

• Yet the looping slide at AQUAMAGIS PLETTENBERG is Automated via lights and turnstile and does not have a Rocket launch at all,only an OPEN HOLE which flumers sit on the edge of and fall into!This is not directly manned but is monitored by cctv and an Automatic alarm system if someone gets stuck!