The legendary domebusters waterslides at the Oasis Swindon England UK

• The oasis Swindon is home to the legendary "DOMEBUSTERS WATERSLIDES" Which are the oldest working waterslides in the UK and is the Uks no1 waterslide Heritage Attraction!Built by DAVENPORT (the father of English Flumemaking) circa 1985,these unique waterslides are the last surviving example of their kind.DAVENPORT only ever made 18 waterslide installations in the UK and most were small single flumes in the 20-30 metre size range.Only a handful of DAVENPORT waterslides still survive in working order.THE DOMEBUSTERS (serial no 7) is the largest and only surviving example of an enclosed tube DAVENPORT TRIPLE SET has 3 flumes "SIDEWINDER" "THE GREAT WHITE" and "SCREAMER" The flumes retain all the original features of the era and MATS! are still used here!The whole experience is a trip back in time to the 1980s when flumes were a very new experience and is the ultimate waterslide nostalgia experience with waterslides "LIKE THEY USED TO BE"This is a GRADE "A" HISTORIC INSTALLATION OF NATIONAL IMPORTANCE and was restored in 2003.I tried to get it listed by ENGLISH HERITAGE but sadly it was turned down as it was not "OLD ENOUGH"!The oasis also has a unique twin lane "MULTISLIDE"of the same era of unknown origin and in 2008 a modern waterslide "LAGOON FALLS" by LOYAL GROVE LEISURE ( which is similar to flumes by VAN EGDOM) was installed. Davenport ceased trading in 1989 and their assets went to WHITEWATER WEST.The oasis is a flume lovers paradise to those of us who love vintage waterslides as they used to be and is well worth a visit!

• Are there some pictures or videos of these slides?

Favoriten:
    1. Stukas @ Caneva
    2. L2 @ Wörgl
    3. Freefalls @ Aqualand Costa Adeje
    4. Screamer @ Splashdown Poole
    5. Kinnaree @ Siam Park
    Rutschen-Count: 211

I'm a waterslide junkie! See I like to slide the slide, see I like to loop the Aqualoop ;)